Tuesday, January 20, 2009

To my Mom on my birthday

Today is actually my birthday but years ago on my 18th birthday I had 18 roses sent to my mom at work. I'm sure she remembers this. I wanted to do that again for her today (in my blog-sorry it's not real) on my special day because without her, today wouldn't be my birthday. Words just can't express my mom. She is everything to me. She has always picked me up when I've fallen, she's kissed my owies, she's wiped away tears, she's laughed and played with me, she has been everything that a girl needs and wants. I cherish our relationship and wouldn't want it any other way! I have realized how challenging and rewarding it is to be a mother and I thank her today for always being there for me (good times and bad times)! I realize how a mother has unconditional love through her example! Thanks for being the wonderful mom you have been to me, Stacie , & Scott. So today I want to say thanks for giving me a wonderful day to remember! We have so many great memories!

I love you MOM!!



7 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

How beautiful! Your mom is a great lady, I'm glad to know her. I'm especially thankful for you and your friendship! Happy Birthday, Steph.

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday Stephanie!!!

Steph said...

Thanks so much Kelly & Alicia!

Tony and Erica said...

Im glad I got to spend some birthday time with you, Lunch was fun with all the girls. I dont have your email to give you those pics...
I did not know you had a blog- glad I got to join in

The Simpson Times said...

Happy Birthday Steph! I agree with you...mom is wonderful! What a great tribute to her! Wish we could've spent your day with you. We love you!

Jeanie said...

WOW---THANK YOU, Stephanie!! That message was like getting lots of roses!! You are a wonderful daughter; I still remember when you were born and what a sweet little baby you were!! Dad & I were so excited to have you in our lives! WE STILL ARE!! As the song you chose was playing there is one part that she sings don't cry, don't cry and here I am crying!! We feel so blessed that you came to our home; always remember that you are a daughter of royal birth because you are a daughter of our Heavenly Father!!
Love You Forever!! Mom

Kelly Hill said...

Oh my heavens, now I'M crying! Thanks, Jeanie. ; ) I've always enjoyed watching your relationship with your mother... you've always been so close. What a wonderful thing to have such a beautiful relationship. I'm so sorry you have to be without her again, but you'll see her soon.

Again, Happy Birthday. Sorry it took me so long to get your gift to you, but I thoroughly enjoyed this afternoon together.

Love ya! Kell