Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight

E. Cullen baseball jersey I borrowed from a friend. Greg and I waiting anxiously for the movie.
So, we left at around 4:15 for Thanksgiving Point theater to see Twilight. We got there and had to wait to be let in for about 15 minutes. Greg's friend at work had privately rented one of the screens for her and her friends and ended up inviting people from work to purchase tickets. We got in and people ran to get their seats. We were on row 4 but someone ended up having seats for us the third row up in the top section. It was perfect! They had prizes for people that had dressed up. Let's just say I was over-dressed! Then they gave everyone a coupon for a massage place and the girl's sister had made an apple sugar cookie for everyone with a scripture that quoted, "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die" Genesis 2:17.
There was some screaming and hollering at the beginning but then everyone was quiet for the movie. It was nice. The girl had a rule that everyone be quiet during the movie or they'd be kicked out.
Here's our critique for the movie (hopefully I won't ruin it for those who haven't seen it):
Greg loved it......can't wait for the second movie to come out. I told him he should read the books with me so he doesn't have to wait. I thought he would think it was cheesy but he didn't.
I loved it too......although since I had just gotten through the book I saw a lot of stuff that was either left out, changed, or different. I guess no movie is exactly like the book. Maybe it's best not to have just finished the book the day of so you don't notice those things as much. All of the characters were well picked out for their part except Edward. He was definitely NOT cute enough to play the part. It was very good though. I'm glad I saw it! I can't wait to read the second book!! ;-)

1 comment:

Kelly Hill said...

I agree that Edward should have been better looking. The book talks about him being the most beautiful person anyone has ever seen. He was cute, sure, but not what the book described. Who would have been that good looking though?

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. I'm so glad Greg did too. We'll have to arrange to go together with our guys for the next one. : )