Saturday, April 4, 2009

Baseball Tryouts

Last weekend Kyle had baseball tryouts! This is the first time for Kyle to play in a baseball league. He's played soccer and football but not baseball before. I dropped him off and was on my way. I guess he was the last one to be picked up after tryouts because they got done early so the coaches let him know what team he would be on. He's the only one that knows his team so far. He is on the "Angels" team. I guess we could say like the California Angels. I do have to say I like that! ;-) He did pretty good. He was really good at catching fly balls. Maybe he'll be in the outfield!
We're excited that he's excited to be playing baseball this spring. Reminds me of my brother Scott playing when he was a kid! Scott was a pitcher for a long time from what I can remember. I dont remember his team's name though. Mom would have to remind me (if she remembers).

I can't believe my oldest is growing up so fast. Our parents always say, "Enjoy them while they are young because before you know it, they'll be out of the house." I can see this happening pretty quickly! Too soon for my liking! ;-(

Kyle with his friend Austin (new kid that he befriended on the bus-so proud of him)

7 comments:

Jeanie said...

That's great that Kyle is going to play baseball. We hope he enjoys it! When Scott was in the minor league his team name was the Royals and when he was in the major league it was the Reds. That's also pretty crazy about Karianne riding her bike! Growing up so fast! Hey, how do you add your picture to your comment?

love for seven said...

I have fond memories of many days spent at the ball fields watching my little bro. play. It was one of my most favorite things while growing up. I am thrilled your family gets to share in that with Kyle. I am sure it will be a blast. Way to go Kyle!

The Simpson Times said...

That is so cool that Kyle is going to play baseball this year! I too have lots of fond memories of watching Scott play....and dad coaching! I was going to say that Scott was on the Royals and Reds, but didn't remember which league they were!
Does that mean that Kyle wont be able to come here for part of the car racing season? or do you guys know when he might come for that?

The Simpson Times said...

oh mom, btw...you add your picture to your profile in your own blog. On your "Dashboard" on the left hand side, click on "Edit Picture" and put a picture from your computer! hope that helps!

Steph said...

Stace, I dont think Kyle's baseball season will last very long. I'm still thinking he can come for June but I need to figure out his season and piano and stuff. I'll let you know when I know. Love you!

Christine said...

That is so cool that Kyle is playing baseball this year. That's great that he's been able to try all different types of sports to make him well rounded. We wish we could go to one of his games. We have been going to a friend's game once a week (Hailey's brothers both play baseball) because Carissa and Maia love watching baseball. They love it so much that we just bought them Giants bats, balls, and gloves to play themselves. I'll have to take a photo of them playing baseball for Kyle.

Tony and Erica said...

That is fun and exciting, those are the things I cant wait for with my boys. sports are going to rule my life soon... oh so soon