Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New 2-wheeler on the Block!

Do you Utah people remember that one really nice week we had a few weeks ago? Yeah, we haven't seen it for a while. Karianne decided she wanted me to take her training wheels off of her bike. At first I told her to wait until her Dad got home because I really didn't want to mess with it right then. Well finally I told her I would try to take them off. I got them off for her and she practiced all day. I took them off around noon and went with her on a short walk that ended up taking a long time but it was well worth it. She would pedal one turn around then stop and catch her balance all day. The more she did it the better she got. By that evening she had it down to a "T". She did great! She was so excited to show Dad what she had been working on ALL day! It's a good thing she has a short bike because I think it's the only way she could have done it. We're so proud of our baby girl!

4 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

But she's so tiny!!

Way to go Karianne.

The Simpson Times said...

That is sooo awesome!!! She is so little, but such a BIG girl for riding with no training wheels! What an accomplishment! Yeah Karianne!

Tony and Erica said...

YAY Kan!! You guys will have fun crusing up and down the street! I cant believe you guys are growing up so FAST! Steph.. you are a lifesaver and I owe you! I truely appriciate you and am greatful for you. THANKS

Christine said...

Wow! I need Karianne to come to our house to inspire Carissa and Maia! I'm so proud of her. She is so brave! It took me forever to learn to ride without training wheels when I was a kid. I think I was in first grade before I was able to.