Monday, March 16, 2009

Poor Angel!

Our poor little angel has to have her tonsils taken out at the first of May. We went to see my cousin's wife's sister Heidi Heras on Friday and received the news that she needs to have them out. She talked to me for a while and then finally looked at them. Immediately she told her assistant to come and look. As you can see in this picture (I took it myself so it's not the best but it was as good as I could get) she barely has an opening to swallow. She said that if she were to choke on something, she would be afraid that she wouldn't be able to get it back up. So it's the best that we're doing it but it's going to be a BIG deal! She's definitely going to want her daddy there with her!

8 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

I was about her age when I had mine out as well. Just plan on lots of ice cream afterwards.

I'm so sorry for your sweet little girl. It's scary for the mommy but it's going to be so much better for her!

When will it happen? Good luck!!

Kelly Hill said...

Oh, the first of May. Sorry.

The Simpson Times said...

Wow - they really are BIG tonsils. Poor little girl....and I know it will be hard on you guys to watch her go into surgery - makes me get choked up just thinking about it. She'll be fine though....stock up on the popsicles and ice cream, like Kelly said!

Christine said...

Poor Karianne! I can't believe how bad her condition is! I thought Maia's tonsils were big. I can definitely empathize with you because Maia was only 2 yrs old when she got her tonsils and adenoids removed. We will have her in our prayers!
Love, Christine

Jeanie said...

Poor Karianne! It will be better for her; in a lot of ways!! She will sleep better. Makes Dad & I hurt just looking at the picture! I'm glad we will be there when she has surgery!
Love You!
Mom :-)

Tony and Erica said...

I do have a trick to get rings out of the toilet... Ill tell you about em when Im back. you do have to buy a "tool" but its like $2. No need to buy a new toilet.

Anonymous said...

Poor girl! Reminds me of the view into Wesley's mouth pre-tonsillectomy. Kids do recover from this surgery much quicker than adults. Wesley was able to eat most of his regular diet the next day. She'll feel so much better when they are gone. It has been night and day with Wesley.

Steph said...

Thanks for all of your encouraging words. It has made me realize maybe it wont be as bad as I thought. Of course they scare you about everthing that COULD happen to take precautions. But it's still scary. I know she will be alot better after it's done!